Things that I said I would do:
- Go to the gym and do a half-hour of cardio, perhaps followed by chest and triceps exercises.
- Make my bed every day this week.
- Buy chicken breasts at Costco and lots of healthy vegetables for dinner this week.
- Call my mom.
- Read “To Kill a Mockingbird.”
What I did instead:
- Went to the gym and tanned, then left.
- Woke up 20 minutes after a scheduled work meeting.
- Ordered chicken fingers and a Diet Coke in the Whataburger drive-thru.
- Watched reruns of “Don’t Trust the B—- in Apt 23” on my DVR.
- Read “Entertainment Weekly.”
|WHAT SAM WORE: 6-6-12|
|The shirt: Long-sleeved cotton button-down from Banana Republic,
San Tan Village (I bought it for my first day at McMurry.)
|The pants: Boot-fit trousers, from the same Banana Republic store.|
|The shoes: Loafers by Rush Gordon Rush, from Nordstrom in Scottsdale.|